All Park Rules and Fees are determined by the State of Alaska
In order to provide quality recreation experiences to all visitors at these extremely popular State Parks please follow these simple rules which are posted within the Parks and available from the staff.
- The possession and consumption or use of alcohol is prohibited at Rocky Lake, Big Lake North, Big Lake South & Matanuska Lakes campgrounds. Offenders will be fined up to $100.00, and may be asked to leave the campground.
- All vehicles must remain on roadways or in designated parking areas.
- Discharge of Grey or Black water on the ground is prohibited.
- Open fires are allowed in designated fire pits only. Personal mobile fire pits are permitted.
- Peeling of bark or cutting or disturbing live vegetation is prohibited.
- Each vehicle parked overnight within the park will be charged a $20.00 per night - per site camping fee.
- Day use hours are 7:00 AM to 10:00 P.M. Day users must exit the parks by 11:00 P.M.
- Quiet hours are enforced from 11:00 P.M. to 7:00 AM. Generators, stereos, or loud noises are prohibited. During this time period, all motorized watercraft at Big Lake North and Big Lake South must operate at speeds of 5 MPH or less, within the no wake zone.
- Big Lake North & South: No wake zones extend from the shoreline out to 300 feet in front of the launch and 100 feet round the entire shoreline.
- Pets must be leashed 9 feet or less and kept under control.
- Discharge of firearms and fireworks are prohibited.
- Off road vehicles and four wheelers are prohibited within the parks when snow cover is less than 12 inches.
- Jet Skis and boats equipped with jet engines are not allowed on Rocky Lake.
- Only Electric Motors are permitted on Matanuska, Canoe, Irene and Long Lakes.
Please click on the link below to view our Campground & Reservation Policies.